The hope is that at this point, the cat’s arousal level is only moderately high – ready to be met with a high value scatter!
This was hard! Game had to go back to watching (at 00:05) and couldn’t finish the first scatter right away, even though she responded to the treats cue at baseline speed. She went back to eating quickly – but I want that first scatter to be eaten without interruptions before I proceed to kibble scatters. So we got some excellent new information here, and I conclude: we’ll stay at this level until I get a no-latency response, and Game finishes the entire scatter without interruptions before following my treat magnet to the bedroom.
- Door status: glass door and screen door open.
- Two scatters because Game didn’t finish the first one without interruption (at 00:05 in this video, she briefly looks at the cat).
Several sessions down the line, Game is rocking it!
- Door status: glass door closed
- I want to repeat this with the door open and see the same response before moving on – but in any case, REALLY happy with this one! I could have marked looking at me at 00:01/02 right away rather than waiting for Game to look at the cat again, since looking at me was cued by seeing the cat.
Video 3: high value scatter, door open, Game rocks it!
- Door status: glass door open
- Upwards and onwards – we’ll try kibble scatters next!